Five Pillars of Islam
Islamic worship has five features which are known as the five pillars of Islam. They are as under:
- The declaration of faith: ‘There is none worthy of worship except Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.’
- Salat: to offer five daily Prayers at their appointed time.
- Zakat: To contribute a certain percentage of one’s wealth for the benefit of the poor and for some other noble causes.
- Fasting in the month of Ramadhan.
- Haj: Pilgrimage to the Ka’aba in Arabia at least once in one’s lifetime, if physically and financially possible and if the journey is safe.